Friday, November 15, 2013

21 Days of Faith: Day 1

I am taking up these two challenges because I need to be more involved with my goal in life and how to serve God.

Now faith is the assurance(the confirmation, the title deed) of the things (we) hope for, being the proof of things (we) do not see and the conviction of their reality (faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses). -Hebrews 11:1

What does faith mean to me? Faith means believing in something even if there is no irrefutable proof. It means being 100% convicted of what to me seems like fact. For example: I have absolute faith in my husband's love of me and that he will never cheat on me. In relation to the definition of faith from Hebrews 11:1 I do believe they are similar however my definition of faith did not center on God.

I am grateful that I am able to start this challenge because I need the daily reminder. I am weak and need the accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment