Monday, November 18, 2013

30 Days of Change: Day 3 & 4

Day 3

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4:29

How do you talk? I am always conscious of what I say. I try to be careful of what I am saying and not offend or hurt anyone. I did loose my temper a bit with Sarah and was harsh with her earlier which I regret. I always regret it when I get harsh with her and raise my voice. I believe the way I talk worst is about myself. I say horrible things about myself and I need to stop that. I also need to watch my gossip more. I do not gossip nearly as much as I used to but I listen to it a lot from one friend. I need to learn how to change the conversation.



Day 4:

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world-the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life- comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will love God lives forever.  1 John 2:15-17

The things that I get caught with that are of the world: my laptop, internet, books, social sites.

By cutting back on these items I will get closer to my child and my God. I spend way too much time on my laptop when I could be spending it with my daughter. I have wasted days on things that have no meaning when I could be spending and bonding time with my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment