Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of Change

I downloaded a book called 30 Days of Change by . It is to encourage you to change your heart and mind over to Christ and to fulfill your life more.

Day 1: Change the way you think

1. What kind of things do you think about? My mind is a mess. I range in thoughts and most of the time they are terrifying. Being diagnosed with depression and OCD is honestly a terrifying combination. OCD can make you think horrifying things and you do not mean them at all and you get scared of yourself because you start to think that you are a threat to others. That is why a lot of people with OCD also have other problems such as depression and can lead to suicide because we think we are horrible, dangerous people. So to answer the question, 80% of the time I am thinking I should be dead. That used to be 100% so improvements are being made. I think about my marriage a lot and how to be a better wife because I do not think I am good enough. I think about how best to raise my daughter so that she turns out to be a proper human being. I think of my soul a lot. I think of how I can improve my relationship with God and serve His glory.

2. Are they wholesome good thoughts? Not nearly enough. I try to think of the positive over the negative but I really need to improve my thoughts all together.

3. What do you need to do to improve those thoughts? Concentrate more on God's message of love and forgiveness. Consider the many more blessings I have than the problems.

4. Why do YOU want to change the way you think? I want to change my way of thinking because my thoughts are not healthy. They are destructive for everyone.



Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be about to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing, and perfect will. -Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment