Monday, November 18, 2013

21 Days of Faith: Day 3 & 4

Day 3:

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

This day was about worry. What worry do I hold on to and will I cast it upon Christ. The worries I have are plenty as they are for most people. I worry about finances. I worry about my being a good person, wife, mom, Christian. I worry about how my house looks. About getting things done. My life is a constant worry and that needs to be released from my heart. Not only does it cause physical and mental problems it means that I am not trusting God to lead me where I need to be or to take my worries and heal me. The challenge for this day is to reflect on my thoughts and as soon as I start to worry then ask Jesus to take it for me.


Day 4:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 

Have you ever experienced a time when God seemed distant or silent in your life? Oh my yes. I think I have mentioned that I am a newly reborn Christian. From the age of 13-25 I had nothing to do with God. I even hated Him. I had thought that he had abandoned me and so I abandoned Him. I had thought He could not exist because how could anyone with so much power have let me suffer through what I did. How could He have let me loved ones do that to me or others go through similar pain.

Trust: trusting that He is there now is in my heart. Knowing that God did not put me through anything I could not happen. We are always loved by Him and even though He seems distant, He still walks with us. Out of my past I have learned very valuable lessons and they will one day lead me to a path where I can help someone. They have caused me to be better mother than what my biological mother was to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment